The book that I am reading is called the giver. A very interesting book in it's own way. A lot of things that this book does you might find very common to a prison. Yeah that's right I said prison it very strange but yeah. The setting in this book is very important because if you change it it would make the book seem very dull. The setting adds a certin flavor to the book if you know what I mean. A lot of the things in the setting have to be perfect. Perfect is almost impossible because no person,place, or thing is perfect. We all make mistakes it's our way to improve in something. In the book lowis Lowry mentions a word called sameness. That word played an importent role throughout the book because it showed how the leader or the person who was in charge wanted everyone to be a family. It may sound like a good thing but if you actually live it it won't. Being the same is how do you say it? Ohhh yeah it's BORRING and know I am not exadrating not even a little.
The setting in this book is amazing because every detail on the island is important. The island is surrounded by water, I think it was there to stop people of finding a better life then what they already have now. The second thing about the island is there's no animals in it. I can't imagine not seeing an animal (probaly cause I'm used to seeing them everyday. The third thing is that there are no hills at all. I think it's because they don't want people to see something far away that they might like. But ofcourse that's just me.
Like I said without the setting that it has already the story would be very dull.
Deontae, the exact assignment was to flesh out one of your entries answering the guided reading questions.
ReplyDeletehii :) good blog
ReplyDeleteI like how you talked about the setting, and the role it plays in the story. You said, "The setting adds a certain flavor to the book if you know what I mean. A lot of the things in the setting have to be perfect." You also talk about many other examples, such as how it is on an island surrounded by water, and that brings up the theme of isolation. Also, i liked how you talked about the role played by just one word, "sameness". I liked how you went into detail just about specific details about the setting.
ReplyDelete