Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The giver

The book that I am reading is called the giver. This book is a very strange book but in a good way. Ther is so many issues going on in this book. It took me a minute to understand the concept of the book. But I guess it's fair to say I had to get through the borring parts to get the good parts.
In this book the author (louis lowery) makes it very clear that on the island everybody is supposed to be the same. They all have there birthday on the same day. This guy called the nurtures hands out the gifts. And the kids have to appreciate it because that's just the way things are in there eyes and in there world.
They have to be so much alike that it is just crazy. I mean there has to be a moment when people just break down, and imagine being somewhere else actualy enjoying thereselve for a change. I know I would because everyone is different in there own way. I think the person that is the boss in this book wants everyone to be just one big giant family. But really who would want that? Cause I sure would not. That's just boring.
The person that is in charge made sure that there was no hills so that nobody sees something better then what they live in already on a day to day bases.
It's sorta like everyone is just boxed in to where they have freedom but just not enough for them to explore and actualy connect to the outside world. Another thing is the setting is surrounded by water can that be another way to keep the people from running away? I would have to say yes it is.
This guy called the receiver is showing Jonas this new world. He does not accept it at first but after a while of just imaging stuff bigger then life he becomes fascinated and later on becomes later on in the book a Reciever. The receiver is chosen by the age of twelve. I can't wait tO see what happens next.....

No comments:

Post a Comment